Jávea is located in the north of the province of Alicante, between San Antonio and La Nao capes. Cabo de la Nao separates the bays of Valencia and Alicante being the westernmost point of the coastline of the Valencian Community. The frequent pirate’s attacks made the natives of the town move 2 kilometers from the coast and walled in an enclosure that remained until 1877. This enclosure constitutes the current historical nucleus that, around the Gothic Church of San Bartolomé, characterizes the actual Jávea with its whitewashed houses, iron lattices and lintels worked in porous golden sand called “tosca”. Within the historical nucleus we can find the Town Hall, the Mercado de Abastos (food market), the Culture Center, the Archaeological and Ethnological Museum or the Chapel of Santa Ana.
All of them can be accessed by a short walk. 2 kilometers away from the historic center there is the marine and port area known as the Aduanas del Mar, where we must highlight the curious church of Nuestra Señora de Loreto, built in the shape of a keel. Following the road that runs parallel to Benissero beach you will reach the Arenal area where is located the only National Parador that exists in the Costa Blanca and the busiest beach of Jávea: Playa del Arenal. The extensive coastline of Jávea (20 km) goes from the Cova Tallà to the Cala de la Granadella.
There is an interesting mix of fine sand beaches such as the Arenal, small beaches surrounded by pine trees very suitable for diving as the Granadella and nudist beaches such as Ambolo. There are small coves like the Portichol or La Sardinera. Approaching the center of Jávea we can find its most traditional side, the rius-raus, the orange groves protected from the harsh continental climate by the natural barrier of el Montgó located in the north of Jávea acting as a border between Jávea and Dénia.